Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Why did you say that?

This past month I have had some interesting things said to me.

1. Lady "Ummm....I don't want to be rude, but are you having another baby?"
So what your saying is I don't want to be rude, but I am going to be rude anyways.
Me: "yes"
Lady: "I thought you had a belly" She then proceeded to tell me how I was having a boy and then tells a Lady near by that I am expecting my third boy (I already know I am having a girl, but whatever).
me: "Yep" Smile and put Blake, Tyler, my belly, and myself in the car.
I wonder what she would have said if I told her I wasn't going to have another baby.

2. This one needs a little background info. I am taking classes online, therefore all communication with the class is done online. For one of the classes we were talking about technology and how it changes society. I had made a comment about "texting" and how I was surprised sometimes about when and where I see people texting. I had also mentioned that I didn't have a cell phone and maybe I was out of the loop on the importance of texting.

The comment I got back went like this: Natalie, people in my generation find it much more convenient to text eachother...blah...blah...blah.

I know that 25 years old is a little older than most people getting their bachelors, however just because I don't have a cell phone does not mean that I am not part of YOUR generation.
I thought this was pretty funny. I guess it was unthinkable that someone under 60 might not have a cell phone.

3. My doctor (who I love) found out that Matt is going to Law School. She gave me a very serious look and said "Honey, you need to make sure you attend every law social event there is. Even if he goes somewhere for lunch, you be there. There are gold diggers who won't care if your husband is married. You show them that he has a wife who knows what's going on."
I could tell she was very concerned for me so I assured her that I would. However, I couldn't help but smile if she only knew Matt she would know that there is no cause for worry. I am sure that there may be gold diggers after Matt, but he is such a good, loyal man that those gold diggers won't have a chance.

10 comments:

Nursemelanie said...

I am rolling. These things are soooo funny. I can't believe people actually said the first two comments. and the third, that is just funny...if she only knew matt. It was fun catching up. Hope your pregnancy is going well and the little guys are being angels ;) no more watering the rose bush with gasoline, right? :)

Courtney said...

Ha! Isn't it amazing what people say to you when you're pregnant. You really learn how to just smile and nod.
And I totally agree with you on the texting thing. I have a phone & I text. However, I don't text all of the time. I use it as a valuable tool when I need it. And it can be very convienent at times. My concern is that (especially with teenagers) person to person communication skills are not being developed. And people do text at the oddest moments & places. Like at church!!!!!

Harris Family said...

These are some of the funniest stories! I love the first one... seriously lady?! Thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

I started to show with this pregnancy really soon, like 5 weeks, but I had a 5 month old and people are just now asking if I am pregnant. I AM 35 WEEKS! I guess people just don't know what to say sometimes, or people know exactly what they shouldn't say and still say it!

My favorite thing people say is when random strange old ladies come up to me, touch my belly and tell me what I am having! They are always wrong, but thanks for invading!

Birches said...

So Bryndee told me to check out your blog because you guys were coming to Denver. Not sure if you knew but we're in Denver and actually there's a guy in our ward who is doing that tax cert right now at University of Denver.

Give us an email of you want any info on the area. vonnie_82 at hotmail dot com

Birches said...

BTW we don't have cell phones either.

Melissa said...

O my gosh, those are so funny! I love that-"people in my generations..." Congratulations on Colorado!

Tyler and Neihlee said...

Next time punch the lady in the face!!! That is so funny that she would say that and assume its another boy. Crazy people out there! Congratulations on Matt's acceptance, that is cutting it pretty close but you must be a pro now that you've already had this situation before! Good luck with everything:)

Alyssa Elledge said...

You are HILARIOUS! I would love to have been there in your head during those moments. I love your comebacks...you are so funny! :) I am SO excited for you guys to have another baby and am so completely certain that you are going excel in anything you undertake. I look up to you guys so much:) Colorado sounds awesome! I'm very happy for you guys. Hope you are feeling your best and know that I think about you often. Love you cousin!

The Riding Family said...

People say the weirdest things...especially the older ladies in RS. :) I wonder if some people are not born with a "filter" or maybe they just choose to ignore it.
Miss you Natalie! My Mom said she saw you at church a couple weeks ago.